[Windsor, Ontario] Project Penny

What is this? Forums Canada 150 Game Project Ideas [Windsor, Ontario] Project Penny

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  A.H. 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

A.H.
    Keymaster

A cross-country adventure to steal a Canadian penny.

(Updated with more detail):
    Imagine a great treasure hunt across Canada, for one of the greatest treasures of all time: a Canadian penny. Seriously, those things are rare now! But there exists a real penny called the “dot penny,” a 1936 flawed coin, of which only 2 are known to exist, one of which sold at auction for over $100,000 USD. Which, you know, is a lot more in CDN.

This game would be a 3D first-person action platformer. The controls would be simple: use mouse clicks to click on markers in the world to determine direction to run in, and click them at a faster rate to keep up the pace. Why are you running? Because that penny is rolling down the streets of downtown Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/Moosejaw, and you have to catch it while avoiding corrupt politicians, politically-correct world-leading educators, obsessive museum curators, angry Canadian geese, and other obstacles.

From volunteers, I would look for:
    – programmers to help design the controls (preferably using Unity3D)
    – artists and animators to help design a stylized Canada
    – level designers (currently, I picture generic buildings to run in between, I’m sure better ideas of location and gameplay paths can be thought of)
    – musicians (every project here needs sound engineers)

If anyone is interested, feel free to drop a comment below to start the conversation, and look for me at the local meetups in Windsor, Ontario!

• This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  A.H..
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  A.H..
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  A.H..
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: [Windsor, Ontario] Project Penny
Your information: